You will need Symbiota Lacto Fermented Vegetable Kit (or similar)
1 400g can of tomato paste
¼ cups Worcestershire sauce (optional)
½ cups unfiltered apple cider vinegar
6 tbsp honey or maple syrup depending on taste preference
¼ cup whey (clear liquid drained off yogurt), fermented vegetable brine or sauerkraut brine from a previous ferment
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp of each spice you choose (allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, clove, pepper etc.)
- Dissolve the honey and salt in the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix together with the rest of the ingredients (reserving 2 tbsp of starter culture or whey).
- Place in the Symbiota jar and cover with the reserved 2 tbsp of starter culture or whey.
- Seal with the silicone airlock lid and stainless-steel ring and place the jar in a stable environment out of direct sunlight for 3-5 days.
- Once fermented, stir the ketchup and seal with the airtight seal and ring and place it in the fridge.