Both nut milk and cow milk have their advantages and disadvantages. Let’s look at the benefits of using the very popular almond milk:
- Although almond milk does not offer the protein content of traditional dairy, it does offer a lot of nutrition. Nut milk has lower calories than cow's milk, and usually contains more vitamin D and calcium.
- Almond milk does not contain any animal products. This makes it a great option for people observing a vegan diet, people who are lactose intolerant and also those who are allergic to milk.
- Almond milk does not raise blood sugar. It is a low-carb beverage, making it a perfect choice for people on a low-carb diet and those who need to watch their blood sugar levels.
- Producers normally enrich almond milk with calcium, making it a good nutrient source.
- Regularly consuming enriched almond milk may reduce the risk of osteoporosis among those who do not consume dairy products. In addition, almond milk contains healthy fats and it’s high in vitamin E. Drinking it regularly can benefit your heart.
You can get started by using one of our nut milk kits.