This is the perfect side to a cheese board!
This is a quick ferment and therefore it is ok to only fill you Symbiota glass jar half if you wish. Otherwise simply double your ingredients to make a full Symbiota jar of these yummy spiced grapes!
After fermenting, place in the fridge for up to 3 months.
1 cup of washed grapes
1/8th cup apple cider vinegar (ACV)
¼ cup starter liquid
½ cup filtered water
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon “Symbiota mixed veg spice”
¼ teaspoon Chinese mixed spice
3 slices of ginger
1 garlic clove
2 inch green onion
1 cinnamon quill
3 bay leaves
- Dissolve salt, starter culture, spice and ACV in water.
- Add Symbiota “veg mix spice” to the water from step 1
- Add grapes, bay leaves, cinnamon quill, carlic, green onion, ginger and chilli to Symbiota jar
- Add water mixture from step 1, into the Symbiota jar
- Place your glass weight on top to weigh down the grapes, and seal with your one-way airlock fermentation lid.
- Leave at room temperature out of sun light to ferment for 3-5 days. Taste each day until desired flavour.
- Once you like the flavour, move your jar to the fridge.