This is an absolutely delicious replacement for dairy butter, using our Symbiota Sunflower Lecithin Powder!
½ cup cashew or soy milk (if store-bought add tsp. nutritional yeast)
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¾ cup refined coconut
¾ cup rice bran oil (or a neutral-tasting oil of your preference)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sunflower lecithin
¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- Add milk and lemon. Do not stir. Leave for 10 mins. This will curdle.
- Melt the coconut oil until just soft, do not boil. Add to a blender
- Add to the blender, oil, salt, turmeric and lecithin.
- Pour the milk into the blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour into a glass container with a lid or a butter mould
- Place into the freezer immediately for 30 mins.
- You can either keep in the freezer for up to 8 weeks, or transfer to the fridge and use within 7 days.