Love cornbread? Well why not try our milk kefir cornbread!YUM!
- 4 TBS soft/slightly melted but cooled butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk kefir
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBS raw honey
- 1 1/4 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp thyme
- In one bowel: mix butter, honey, eggs and milk kefir. Melt the butter, take care to make sure it's not hot, then combine with eggs, honey, and milk kefir. Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt and thyme.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Leave the batter covered in room temperature to ferment for 12 hours, or overnight.
- Very gently transfer the batter into a loaf pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 40 minutes.
**Note: Do not stir the batter. You should see air-pockets in the batter this is what will make the bread light and fluffy.